WELCOME to Friday, September 16, 2016.
Subject: an eight-step stress management technique Just in case You’ve had a rough day, here’s an eight-step stress management technique recommended in the latest psychological texts.
1. Picture yourself near a stream.
2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.
3. No one but you knows your secret place.
4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic world.
5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
6. The water is crystal clear.
7. You can easily make out the face of the person you’re holding underwater.
8. See? you’re smiling already.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a wonderful weekend people, and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
Cabbage: A familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as a man’s head. Ambrose Bierce
Life… is like a grapefruit. It’s orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams
Every man serves a useful purpose: A miser, for example, makes a wonderful ancestor. Laurence J. Peter
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else. Will Rogers
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation. George Bernard Shaw
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
Mikey, the farmer’s son was returning from the market with the crate of chicken’s his father had entrusted to him, when all of a sudden the box fell and broke open. Chickens scurried off in different directions, but Mikey, being determined walked all over the neighbourhood scooping up the wayward birds and returning them to the repaired crate. Hoping he had found them all, he reluctantly returned home, expecting the worst.
‘Pa, the chickens got loose,’ Mikey confessed sadly, ‘but I managed to find all twelve of them.’
‘Well, you did real good, son,’ the farmer beamed. ‘You left with seven.’
Thursday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from??? “You mean to tell me that you could positively identify the two defendants for a total of two seconds while looking through this dirty window, this crud-covered screen, these trees with all these leaves, and, I don’t know, how many bushes?”
ANSWER: My Cousin Vinny! Vincent Gambini (Joe Pesci) said this to the witness, Ernie Crane (Raynor Scheine), while Crane was on the witness stand during the trial. Crane answered that there were five bushes, at first, but there were actually “seven bushes”.
Friday Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “That won’t work; he’s a Ballchinian!”
Thursday’s Quizzler is……….
It’s time for some spring cleaning! The sentences below each contain a bug that you need to find and exterminate! Can you spot them all?
1. It’s not always easy to listen to what my mother says, but most of the time, it’s the right thing.
2. All of a sudden, this wee, vile creature crawled up my arm and all I could do was shriek!
3. Long term itemizing of your priorities in life always helps.
ANSWER: 1. It’s not always easy to listen to what my MOTHer says, but most of the time,
it’s the right thing. – MOTH.
2. All of a sudden, this WEE, VILe creature crawled up my arm and all I could do was shriek! – WEEVIL
3. Long TERM ITEmizing of your priorities in life always helps. – TERMITE
Friday’s Quizzler is……….
What word is missing?
begin inch chapel elastic ==?== cellar arisen end