– The Shining: A family’s first Airbnb experience goes very wrong.
– The Lord of the Rings: Group spends nine hours returning jewelry.
– Titanic: Everyone tries the ice-bucket challenge.
– Beauty and the Beast: Stockholm syndrome works.
– The Chronicles of Narnia: Kid comes out of the closet.
“Yale University’s being pushed to modify a poetry course because students have
“A new study found that American workers lack the problem-solving skills that workers in other countries have. When American workers heard about the study they said, ‘So? What can we do about it?'” -Jimmy Kimmel
When our client’s dog lapped up anti-freeze, the veterinarian I work for ordered a unique treatment: an IV drip mixing fluids with vodka. “Go buy the cheapest bottle you can find,” he told me.
As I was leaving, the next customer plunked down two bottles
Answer: Paul Blart: Mall Cop!
Paul Blart is an overweight man whose wife died recently. He lives with his only daughter and his mother and he cannot seem to get a date, not even online. He finally meets someone at the mall named Amy, and he begins to fall in love with her. He asks her to ride on the Segway, in which she replies “Won’t you get in trouble?” Paul says “Yes, I could lose my job.” Of course, Amy still takes a ride on the Segway.
“Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?”
Some people’s names (such as “Will Power”) suggest a certain personality or career choice. Given below are some last names and professions (in no particular order). For each last name, your task is to think of a common first name, such that it suggests one of the given professions. Each last name and profession must be used just once.
The hint provides the first names.
Dinah Soares – Paleontologist (dinosaurs)
Paige Turner – Author (page turner)
Dee Major – Musician (D Major)
Lee King – Plumber (leaking)
Sue Mee – Lawyer (sue me)
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Time past -> Leave
2. Street -> Event location
3. Ends “Our Father” -> Fathers
4. Shared an opinion -> Excessive desire for something
5. Misuses; harms -> Multi-passenger vehicles
6. Pursue lofty goal -> Pointed tower top
7. Sum total -> Climb on
8. Stay away from -> A gap; empty