“An art gallery in Finland recently put on an exhibition of paintings created by a brown bear named Juuso. The exhibition sold 15 of the bear’s paintings, raising $8,500. Fifteen paintings – that is 14 more paintings than Van Gogh sold in his entire lifetime.” -James Corden
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes…
there was a tremendous burst of thunder accompanied by a
distant lightning bolt and more rumbling thunder, and more
lightning.The little old man looked at the pastor and calmly said,
“Well, she’s there.”😳
Monday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from???
In this scene, Australian soldier Lt. Harry ‘Breaker’ Morant (Edward Woodward) has refused an offer to speak to a padre just before he is to be executed for killing Boer POWs and says he is a pagan. When fellow Australian prisoner Lt. Peter Handcock (Bryan Brown) wants to know what a pagan is, Morant explains with line one. Handcock then says line two to the execution detail guard. Morant says he wants the Bible verse Matthew 10:36 as an epigraph, and the minister looks it up: “And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.” This movie tells the true story of three Australian soldiers in the Boer War (1899-1902) who are put on trial for shooting Boer prisoners. Though they acted under orders, the General Staff, who hopes to distance themselves from the irregular practices of the war, is using them as scapegoats. The trial does not progress as smoothly as expected by the General Staff, as the defense puts up an exceptionally strong fight in the courtroom.
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “Like I was saying, I thought that the number you proposed was inappropriate, so I increased it. Do they teach beauty queens to apologize? Because you suck at it!” [long pause] “Uh, Ed… Uh… thank you.”
Monday’s Quizzler is…… Dave, John, Cara, Robbie, and Kate are five budding inventors. Their newest inventions? Each has combined a popular ingredient with a drink! Figure out who’s who, what their “mix” is, and when they each invented their product.
1. The five inventors are Dave, Ms. Roberts, the “Potato Man”, the July inventor, and the one who added an ingredient to lemonade.2. No one’s first name is similar to their last name.
3. Kate made a peanut smoothie.
4. Winter in the Northern Hemisphere seemed to be a “hot” invention time – both John and Cara concocted something then!
5. Marshmallows were incorporated into Kay’s creation. Chocolate was in Davidson’s.
6. Banana Vodka was a spur of the moment brainstorm.
7. April just happened to be “chocolate season”, at least for Robbie.
8. Believe it or not, potato cocktails were very popular in January!
John Cora, Potato Cocktail, January
Cara Roberts, Banana Vodka, February
Robbie Davidson, Chocolate Lemonade, April
Kate Johnson, Peanut Smoothie, July
Tuesday’s Quizzler is…….
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.1. Attract or please through personality -> To burn; scorch
2. Giving out moderate heat -> Conflict between nations
3. Kingdom; domain -> True; genuine
4. Solid, hard; fixed in place -> Type of evergreen tree
5. Remove from the surface; glide on a surface -> Narrow runner for gliding on snow
6. Line formed by sewing two pieces together -> Large body of salt water
7. Sew the edge of a cloth -> Male person
8. Agriculture site -> At a great distance
Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store. http://www.amazon.com