OUR WEIRD LANGUAGE….
* Why is it that writers write but fingers don’t fing, grocers don’t groce, and hammers don’t ham?
* Why do some people use the expression ‘Good Grief’? What is a Bad Grief?
* Why is the plural of goose-geese and not the plural of moose-meese?
* If two mouses are mice and two louses are lice why aren’t two houses hice?
* If the plural of mouse is mice, what is the plural of spouse?
* Why do we say something is awfully good? What exactly do we mean by this?
* Doesn’t it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend?
* Can you have only one plural?
* Have you ever wondered why just one letter makes all the difference between here and there?
* Can you be frequent infrequently?
* Why do people say ‘This and That’ as opposed to ‘That and This’?
* If the plural of octopus is octopi and platypus is platypi what is the plural of schoolbus?
* Why is sphinges the plural of sphinx if there’s only one?
* What’s the difference between new and brand new?
* Why do North Americans fill a form out but the English fill it in?
Hey that’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a wonderful Wednesday people and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky. — Buddha
Wit is the key, I think, to anybody’s heart, because who doesn’t like to laugh? — Julia Roberts
With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come. — William Shakespeare
With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die. — Abraham Lincoln
Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been. — Mark Twain
You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing. — Michael Pritchard
You grow up the day you have your first real laugh — at yourself. — Ethel Barrymore
Your body cannot heal without play. Your mind cannot heal without laughter. Your soul cannot heal without joy. — Catherine Rippenger Fenwick
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the self-same well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears. — Kahlil Gibran
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes…
when a gunman burst in and demanded all the cash. As she
nervously handed over the money, she noticed the rolls of
coins in the back of the register. “Do you want the rolls
too?” she asked.
“No,” said the robber, waving his gun. “Just the money.” 😐
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from???
“Like I was saying, I thought that the number you proposed was inappropriate, so I increased it. Do they teach beauty queens to apologize? Because you suck at it!” [long pause] “Uh, Ed… Uh… thank you.”
Wednesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “I don’t want to do this anymore.””I don’t think that’s a decision you can make.”
Tuesday’s Quizzler is…… When you curtail a word, you remove the last letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Heavenly body
Answer: The words are Start and Star.
1. Attract or please through personality -> To burn; scorch
2. Giving out moderate heat -> Conflict between nations
3. Kingdom; domain -> True; genuine
4. Solid, hard; fixed in place -> Type of evergreen tree
5. Remove from the surface; glide on a surface -> Narrow runner for gliding on snow
6. Line formed by sewing two pieces together -> Large body of salt water
7. Sew the edge of a cloth -> Male person
8. Agriculture site -> At a great distance
Answer: 1. Warp -> War 2. Cramp -> Cram 3. Skip -> Ski 4. Damp -> Dam5. Swamp -> Swam 6. Tarp -> Tar 7. Weep -> Wee 8. Slump -> Slum
Wednesday’s Quizzler is…….
Dave, John, Cara, Robbie, and Kate are five budding inventors. Their newest inventions? Each has combined a popular ingredient with a drink! Figure out who’s who, what their “mix” is, and when they each invented their product.
1. The five inventors are Dave, Ms. Roberts, the “Potato Man”, the July inventor, and the one who added an ingredient to lemonade.
2. No one’s first name is similar to their last name.
3. Kate made a peanut smoothie.
4. Winter in the Northern Hemisphere seemed to be a “hot” invention time – both John and Cara concocted something then!
5. Marshmallows were incorporated into Kay’s creation. Chocolate was in Davidson’s.
6. Banana Vodka was a spur of the moment brainstorm.
7. April just happened to be “chocolate season”, at least for Robbie.
8. Believe it or not, potato cocktails were very popular in January!
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store. http://www.amazon.com