WELCOME to MONDAY SEPTEMBER 27, 2021
- If the rich could hire other people to die for them, the poor could make a wonderful living. ~ Yiddish Proverb
- The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks. ~ Yiddish Proverb
- What you don’t see with your eyes, don’t invent with your mouth. ~ Yiddish proverb
- A hero is someone who can keep his mouth shut when he is right. ~ Yiddish Proverb
- One old friend is better than two new ones. ~ Yiddish Proverb
- One of life’s greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn’t good enough to marry your daughter can be
the father of the smartest grandchild in the world. ~ Jewish Proverb
- Old friends, like old wines, don’t lose their flavor. ~ Jewish Proverb
- A wise man hears one word and understands two. ~ Yiddish Proverb
- Don’t be so humble – you are not that great. ~ Golda Meir (1898- 1978) to a visiting diplomat
- Pessimism is a luxury that a Jew can never allow himself. ~ Golda Meir
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of
courage to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein
- When his wife asked him to change clothes to meet the German ambassador, he said “If they want to see me,
here I am. If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits. ~ Albert Einstein
- Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them. ~ Albert Einstein
- The hardest thing in the world to understand is income tax. ~ Albert Einstein
- You can’t control the wind, but you can adjust your sails. ~ Yiddish proverb
- I don’t want to become immortal through my work. I want to become immortal through not dying ~ Woody Allen
- I’m not afraid of dying – I just don’t want to be there when it happens! ~ Woody Allen
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. ~ Albert Einstein
- Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts ~ Albert Einstein
- We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them ~ Albert Einstein
- Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school ~ Albert Einstein
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. ~ Albert Einstein
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a GREAT MONDAY people,
stay safe, and whatever you do, don’t forget to laff it up! Peace, I am outta here! Eucman! 😁
q u o t e s o f t h e d a y
“The government has unveiled a new website that predicts your financial worth after
graduating college. It doesn’t give you a number, just tells you which Starbucks you’ll
be working at and for how long.” -Conan O’Brien
“A math blogger says he’s figured out ‘the world’s favorite number.’ It turns out that it’s 7.
The least popular number? The fake phone number you get when you
tell a girl you’re a math blogger.” -Jimmy Fallon
“A pair of Ohio teens were caught this weekend using a beer bong to drink full two-liter
bottles of Mountain Dew. It’s a rare case where the punishment is the crime.” -Seth Meyers
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes
I spotted several pairs of men’s Levi’s jeans at a garage sale. They were sizes 30, 31, and 32,
but I was looking for size 33. So I asked the owner if he had a pair. He shook his head.
“I’m still wearing the 33s,” he said. “Come back next year.” 😳
Fridays’ Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “
“A buffer. Someone in between you and your possible superiors who passed on to you the actual order to kill someone.”
“Oh yeah, a buffer. The family had a lot of buffers!”
Answer: The Godfather: Part II!
In this scene Corleone family buttonman, Willie Cicci (Joe Spinell), is testifying before a U.S. Senate committee investigating organized crime in America. Cicci admits he has killed people that the family wanted eliminated, but claims his orders never came directly from Don Michael Corleone (Al Pacino). The questioning Senator (G.D. Spradlin) wants to know if a buffer was always involved. When Cicci expresses puzzlement at this term, the senator explains it with first line and Cicci responds with the second. In the 1975 Academy Awards “The Godfather: Part II” won six Oscars, including Best Picture, and was nominated for five others. This was the first sequel to win Best Picture. This movie continues where the “The Godfather” left off, following the lives in a fictional American crime family. However, many of the characters in this fictional story are based on people and incidents in real life.
Monday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from???
“You want me to hold the chicken, huh?”
“I want you to hold it between your knees.”
Friday’s Quizzler is….
In a sylasearch I give you a syllable-starter, which is the first syllable in the words you are to find. I will also give you a listing of the other syllables that you must use to figure out the 7 words.
Syllable List – al, cras, fes, file, ly, mo, nate, noun, po, si, sion, tec, ter, ti, tion, tor
How many syllables each word has:
Answer: 1. profile (pro file)
- pronoun (pro noun)
- promoter (pro mo ter)
- protector (pro tec tor)
- procrastinate (pro cras ti nate)
- proposition (pro po si tion)
- professionally (pro fes sion al ly)
Monday’s Quizzler is…….
Put this on,
And warm you’ll be.
Take one off,
And an emotion, you’ll see.
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in TUESDAY’s Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com., https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
CHECK THIS BOOK OUT online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store.