WELCOME to Friday October 5, 2018.
1. There’s a car alarm nearby that goes on for hours and the
owner is nowhere to be found?
2. You buy an answering machine so you won’t miss any calls,
and then everyone hangs up when they hear the machine answer?
3. There’s a cop car in sight and everyone thinks they have to
drive 10-15 mph slower than the speed limit?
4. You’re reading a magazine and all those annoying little
subscription cards keep falling out?
5. You tell someone that a door is locked and they try to open
it anyway, like it’ll magically open for them and not you.
6. Someone says, “well, to make a long story short” and then
they go on telling it for another 15 minutes.
7. A friend or family member says “Yuck! This is awful!!” and
then tells you to try some.
8. You have to inform five different sales people in the same
store that you’re just looking around.
9. You rub on hand cream and can’t turn the bathroom doorknob
to get out.
10. A waiter or waitress is not around at any time other than
right after you put food in your mouth.
11. Your tire gauge lets half the air in your tire when all
you want is a pressure reading.
12. The dog in your neighborhood that barks at EVERYTHING.
13. The power goes out, and you discover you cellphone
battery is almost dead and your flashlight app won’t work.
14. Someone gets in the express lane at the supermarket and
writes a check.
15. The elevator stops at every floor and nobody gets on.
16. You almost ALWAYS back up your computer files but the week
you don’t, your hard drive crashes and you lose everything.
Salvation Army instead. They’ll clean it and put it on a
hanger. Next morning buy it back for 75 cents.”
“If at first you don’t succeed, failure may be your style.”
“The statistic on sanity are that one out of every four
Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think
of your three best friends. If they’re okay, then it’s you.”
–Rita Mae Brown
“Sometimes I need what only you can provide – Your absence.”
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
celebrated the relaxation of team curfew by attending a
late night campus party. Soon after arriving, he became
captivated by a beautiful young thing and eased into a
conversation with her by asking if she met many dates at
“Oh, I have a 3.9, so I’m much more attracted to the strong
academic types than to dumb party animals,” she said.
“What’s your G.P.A.?”
Grinning from ear to ear, the jock boasted, “I get about
27 in the city and 38 on the highway.
Thursday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from??? “The Grey Hair’s children were under Magua’s knife but escaped. They’ll be under it again.””Why do you hate the Grey Hair, Magua?”
ANSWER: The Last of the Mohicans! In the events leading up to this scene, Indian scout Magua (Wes Studi) has lead a column of British soldiers, British Colonel Munro’s two daughters, and frontiersman Hawkeye (Daniel Day-Lewis) to Colonel Munro at Fort William Henry (Magua calls him “Grey Hair”). However, Magua is actually allied with the French. In this scene the British situation is being discussed by Magua, French General Montcalm (Patrice Chéreau) and French Captain De Bougainville (Dylan Baker). Magua says the first line and General Montcalm asks him the second line. In the 1993 Academy Awards “The Last of the Mohicans” won the Oscar for Best Sound. The movie soundtrack is one of my favorites.
Friday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “He has a knife.” “That’s not a knife. THAT’S a knife.”
Thursday’s Quizzer is…….
1) a small bundle & a pointed stake for a fence & a small isolated area or group (6 letters)
2) to express in words & not freshly made & to look fixedly at something (5 letters)
3) a dance that conveys a story & a makeshift bed & a hammer-like implement (6 letters)
4) a local branch of a society & a mercantile lease of a ship & to talk incessantly (7 letters)
Answer: 1) packet, picket, pocket
2) state, stale, stare
3) ballet, pallet, mallet
4) chapter, charter, chatter
Friday’s Quizzer is……
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in MONDAY’S Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
LINKS: http://www.slampi.org., http://www.hopeBUILD.org. www.GodLovesPraise.com. CHECK OUT MY BOOK online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#
Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store