(Anonymous, often erroneously attributed to Mark Twain)
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes…
I plunked myself next to my new husband one Monday night to chat.
He was distracted by the action on TV, and after being
shushed a few times, I gave him a “look.”
Immediately contrite, he picked up the remote. “I’m sorry,
honey,” he apologized, “I’m being rude. You go ahead and
talk–I’ll just turn up the volume.” 😳
Monday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from???
A truly delightful movie which appeals to all ages, this line is spoken by Ferdinand the Duck – with a gulp. It’s almost Christmas Day and he knows the fate of table birds on these occasions.
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “Now it isn’t that I don’t like you, Susan, because, after all, in moments of quiet, I’m strangely drawn toward you, but – well – there haven’t been any quiet moments.”
Monday’s Quizzler is……There are five weather forecasters getting ready for a weekend forecast. Each forecaster is predicting different weather and is choosing a suit and “tie” (yes, the women, too) of different color combinations. There are 3 men (John, Matt and Tim) and 2 women (Karen and Sarah).
1. The forecaster who wore a black suit did not predict snow or rain.
2. Many viewers called in to comment on the whimsically printed tan tie and brown suit combination.
3. The five forecasters were: Matt, the woman who predicted high winds, the person in a black suit, the man with a striped tie, and the woman in an olive suit.
4. A solid white tie was chosen to represent the snowy forecast that day.
5. John’s orange tie was hated by his wife.
6. Sarah had a teal colored tie which was not floral.
7. Tim predicted sun and did not wear brown or black.
8. The man who predicted rain did not wear a striped tie.
9. The blue suit was worn by a man.
Tim, blue suit, striped pink tie, sunny
Sarah, gray suit, dotted teal tie, windy
Matt, brown suit, whimsical tan tie, rainy
Karen, olive suit, solid white tie, snowy
Tuesday’s Quizzler is…….
Husbands: Andrew, Bradley, Logan, Nathan, Stewart
Wives: Audrey, Lorraine, Margaret, Phyllis, Vanessa
Surname: Kavanaugh, Levy, Moylan, Northrop, Powell
Dance: Fox Trot, Jitterbug, Mambo, Tango, Waltz
1. Bradley (who didn’t do the jitterbug) isn’t Mr. Northrop.
2. Phyllis’s surname is Moylan
3. Neither Margaret (who isn’t Ms. Northrop) nor Audrey is either the woman who danced the jitterbug with Mr. Levy (who isn’t Nathan) or the one who danced the tango with her companion.
4. Stewart (who isn’t surnamed Levy) isn’t the man who danced the fox trot and Vanessa wasn’t his partner.
5. Neither Audrey nor the woman who danced a stunning waltz is married to Mr. Powell (who isn’t Bradley).
6. Lorraine didn’t dance the tango.
7. Audrey isn’t Ms. Northrop and Margaret isn’t the woman who danced the mambo with her husband.
8. Andrew’s last name is Kavanaugh.
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store. http://www.amazon.com