WELCOME to Wednesday March 20, 2019
1. Accomplishing the impossible only means the boss will add it to your regular duties.
2. Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
3. Any simple problem can be made insoluble if enough meetings are held to discuss it.
4. Anything not worth doing is not worth doing well.
5. By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day. (Robert Frost)
6. A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.
7. A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled. (Sir Barnett Cocks)
8. Doing nothing is tiring because you can’t stop to rest.
9. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
10. Everyone rises to their level of incompetence. (Dr. Lawrence J. Peter – The Peter Principle)
11. The first thing a new employee should do on the job is learn to recognize his boss’ voice on the phone. (Martin Buxbaum)
12. Go the extra mile–It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker.
11. The Golden Rule of Bureaucracy: Whoever has the gold makes the rules.
12. Hang in there: Retirement is only 30 years away!
13. I always arrive late to work, but I make up for it by leaving early.
14. I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted a salary.
15. The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate you away from those who are still undecided. (Casey Stengal)
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a wonderful Wednesday people and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAFF IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
“Astronomers say they now know the approximate weight of the Milky Way. They
As my five-year-old son and I were headed to McDonald’s one
day, we passed a car accident. Usually when we see something
terrible like that, we say a prayer for those who might be
hurt, so I pointed and said to my son, “We should pray.”
From the back seat I heard his earnest request: “Please,
God, don’t let those cars block the entrance to McDonald’s.”
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from??? “I can’t swim.”
“Are you crazy? The fall will probably kill ya.”
Answer: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid!
In the events leading up to this scene Butch Cassidy (Paul Newman), The Sundance Kid (Robert Redford) and their gang have just robbed a train. However, one of the train cars contains a posse of mounted Pinkerton detectives, who immediately give chase. The gang splits off, but the posse continues to trail Butch and Sundance up in mountainous country. When they are confronted by a steep drop off to a river, Sundance prepares to fight to the death. Butch suggests they instead jump and Sundance says no. When Butch persists, Sundance says the first line. An amused Butch replies with the second. Newman and Redford really did leap off a facsimile of the cliff but they landed on a mattress roughly six feet below. The actual death-defying jump was made by stunt men (although they actually are filmed jumping off a large crane into a lake). In the 1970 Academy Awards, “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” was nominated in seven categories, including Best Picture (but lost to “Midnight Cowboy”). It did win four Oscars.
Wednesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “Open the pod bay doors, HAL.” “I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.”
TODAY’S MOVIE DIVA AWARD GOES TO MS. KIM HILLYARD. SUPER SOLVING JOB KIM! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙇♀️
Tuesday’s Quizzler is….
1. frozen water + solid ground of the earth = ?
2. used to refer to oneself + competed in a race = ?
3. anger or wrath + to lower an airplane from sky to ground = ?
4. a relaxing resort + not out = ?
bonus: never used + enthusiastic devotion + in addition to = ? ?
Answer: 1. ice + land = Iceland
2. I + ran = Iran
3. ire + land = Ireland
4. spa + in = Spain
bonus: new + zeal + and = New Zealand
Wednesday’s Quizzler is……. All of Pauline’s favorite male relatives live in Europe. They are her father, her uncle, her first cousin, her brother, and her husband. In no particular order, their names are Daniel, Edgar, Wilfred, Luther, and Walter. Although they all live in Europe, no two men live in the same city. The cities in which they live are London, Paris, Rome, Madrid, and Berlin. From the clues given, try to determine not only the city in which each man lives and his relationship to Pauline, but his occupation as well, be it diplomat, correspondent, student, artist or professor. Assume her husband is only related to the other men through marriage to her.
1. The man in Berlin is the father of the correspondent and the diplomat is the father of the man in Paris.
2. Luther is the son of the man in Rome and Walter is the artist’s son.
3. Daniel is the father of the man in Madrid and Wilfred is the father of the student.
4. Her cousin does not live in Paris.
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in THURSDAYS, Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store. http://www.amazon.com