WELCOME to Thursday April 18, 2019
Real Letters kids have written to God:
1. Dear GOD: Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why don’t You just keep the ones You have? – Jane.
2. Dear GOD: Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother. – Larry.
3. Dear GOD: If You watch me in church on Sunday, I’ll show You my new shoes. – Mickey.
4. Dear GOD: I bet it is very hard for You to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. – Nan.
5. Dear GOD: In school they told us what You do. Who does it when You are on vacation? – Jane.
6. Dear GOD: I read the Bible. What does “beget” mean? Nobody will tell me. – Love, Alison.
7. Dear GOD: Are You really invisible or is it just a trick? -Lucy.
8. Dear GOD: Is it true my father won’t get in Heaven if he uses his bowling words in the house? Anita.
9. Dear GOD: Did You mean for the giraffe to look like that or was it an accident? -Norma.
10. Dear GOD: Who draws the lines around the countries? – Nan.
11. Dear GOD: I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that okay? -Neil.
12. Dear GOD: What does it mean You are a Jealous God? I thought You had everything. -Jane.
13. Dear GOD: Did You really mean “do unto others as they do unto you”? Because if You did, then I’m going to fix my brother. -Darla.
14. Dear GOD: Thank you for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy. – Joyce.
15. Dear GOD: It rained for our whole vacation and is my father mad! He said some things about You that people are not
supposed to say, but I hope You will not hurt him anyway. Your friend, (But I am not going to tell You who I am).😁
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a great Thursday people and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAFF IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
“A package of salad mix that was sold in a Florida Walmart was found to contain a
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes….
A little girl asked her mother, “How did the human race
The mother answered, “God made Adam and Eve and they had
children and so was all mankind made.”
Two days later the girl asked her father the same question.
The father answered, “Many ages ago there were monkeys from
which the human race evolved.”
The confused girl returned to her mother and said, “Mom,
how is it possible that you told me the human race was
created by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?”
The mother answered, “Well, dear, it is very simple. I told
you about my side of the family and your father told you
Wednesday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from??? “You’re spoiled, vengeful and bloody! Your poetry is sour and your music is worse.”
Answer: Anne of the Thousand Days! Anne Boleyn says this to King Henry while they are out riding on her home estate, where Henry has come to win her affections. She is angry because Henry has refused her permission to marry Lord Percy, son of the Duke of Northumberland, because he wants her for himself. “Anne of the Thousand Days” is the love story of Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII of England. It is a story that changed England forever. The movie stars Richard Burton as King Henry VIII and Genevieve Bujold as Anne Boleyn.
Thursday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from???“…and they mostly come at night…mostly.”
Wednesday’s Quizzler is…. Below is a sonnet called “Washington Crossing the Delaware”, written by David Shulman in 1936. Besides being an epic retelling of an epic historical happening, what is so amazing about this poem?
Washington Crossing the Delaware…
A hard, howling, tossing water scene.
Strong tide was washing hero clean.
“How cold!” Weather stings as in anger.
O Silent night shows war ace danger!
The cold waters swashing on in rage.
Redcoats warn slow his hint engage.
When star general’s action wish’d “Go!”
He saw his ragged continentals row.
Ah, he stands – sailor crew went going.
And so this general watches rowing.
He hastens – winter again grows cold.
A wet crew gain Hessian stronghold.
George can’t lose war with’s hands in;
He’s astern – so go alight, crew, and win!
— David Shulman
Answer: Every single line in the poem is an anagram of the title, “Washington Crossing the Delaware”! Now isn’t that something!
Thursday’s Quizzler is……. These word pairs are not in relation to each other, but if you find their synonyms, the two words will rhyme.
Example : Over-sized Feline = Fat Cat
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in FRIDAYS, Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
http://www.slampi.org, http://www.hopeBUILD.org, http://www.GodLovesPraise.com, https://elisabethluxe.com, www.themuscleministry.com, CHECK OUT MY BOOK online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store. http://www.amazon.com