WELCOME to Monday June 24, 2019
1. Why is it that writers write but fingers don’t fing grocers don’t groce and hammers don’t ham?
2. Why do some people use the expression ‘Good Grief’? What is a Bad Grief? (Really)
3. Why is the plural of goose-geese and not the plural of moose-meese?
4. If two mouses are mice and two louses are lice why aren’t two houses hice?
5. If the plural of mouse is mice, what is the plural of spouse?
6. Why do we say something is awfully good? What exactly do we mean by this?
7. Doesn’t it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend?
8. Can you have only one plural?
9. Have you ever wondered why just one letter makes all the difference between here and there?
10. Can you be frequent infrequently?
11. Why do people say ‘This and That’ as opposed to ‘That and This’?
12. If the plural of octopus is octopi and platypus is platypi what is the plural of schoolbus?
13. Why is sphinges the plural of sphinx if there’s only one?
14. What’s the difference between new and brand new?
15. Why do North Americans fill a form out but the English fill it in? Think about it!
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a great Monday people & whatever you do, don’t forget to LAFF IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
“Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.” – Henry David Thoreau
“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.” – Calvin Trillin😁
“Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others.” – Groucho Marx
“Wild horses couldn’t drag a secret out of a woman. However, women seldom have lunch with wild horses.” –Ivern Boyett
“There are more important things in life than money – but they won’t go out with you if you’re broke.” –Unknown
“I found myself utterly depressed the other day and spent the entire afternoon listening to Celine Dion records … at least that’s what I thought I was doing. Turns out the cat had just fallen into the dryer and was trying to get out.” –Julian Clary
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes….
Marvin found the following ransom note slipped under his front door. “Bring $50,000 to the 17th hole of your country club tomorrow at 10:00 AM if you ever want to see your wife alive again.” But it was well after 1:00 PM by the time he arrived at the designated meeting spot. A masked man stepped from behind a bush and demanded, “You’re three hours late. What took you so long?”
“Give me a break!” said Marvin, pointing to his scorecard. “I’m a 27 handicap.” 😳
Friday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “I own the hotel, and I live there. My life is very much like Monopoly.”
Answer: Two Weeks Notice!
The scene for this quote takes place as Wade (Grant) explains to Lucy Kelson (Sandra Bullock) with remarkable simplicity, why all of his possessions are in the hotel he takes her to after a business activity.
Monday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “He was quite fond of the drink. It was the drink that killed him. He was hit by a Guinness truck.”
Friday’s Quizzler is….
Take the given words, and by moving a single letter from one word to the other, make a pair of synonyms, or
near synonyms. For example, given: Boast – Hip, move the ‘s’ from ‘Boast’ to ‘Hip’ creating two synonyms: Boat – Ship.
1. Flat – Pump
2. Feather – Crate
3. Bet – Stop
4. Ear – Trip
5. Lopes – Shills
Answer: 1. Fat – Plump
2. Father – Create
3. Best – Top
4. Tear – Rip
5. Slopes – Hills
Monday’s Quizzler is…….
Using a combination of letters and/or numbers to sound out the answers, can you solve the clues? (The first one is free)
1. Not difficult – EZ (Easy)
3. To do better than others
5. A number (use only letters for this one)
6. A sport
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in TUESDAYS, Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
http://www.slampi.org, http://www.hopeBUILD.org, http://www.GodLovesPraise.com, https://elisabethluxe.com, http://www.themuscleministry.com.
CHECK OUT MY BOOK online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store. http://www.amazon.com