“You know those little robot vacuums called Roombas? The company that makes them says
“This was a little controversial: Pope Francis recently said that the majority of modern Catholic
petitors complained that it was only a cheap Sioux Veneer. 😎
Friday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “It came to me. My own. My love. My own. My precious.”
Answer: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring! “The Fellowship of the Ring” is the first installment in Peter Jackson’s high fantasy film trilogy based on the novels by J.R.R. Tolkien. The story revolves around the formation of a fellowship of nine, who start out on an epic journey to return the One Ring to Mordor, where it must be destroyed.
The scene described in the question plays out in film’s opening. As is only later divulged in “The Return of the King”, Gollum, or Smeagol as he was then called, was at first sight enchanted by the Ring of Power. The Ring had only just been recovered from a riverbed by his relative, Deagol, after being lost for two and a half thousand years. Smeagol was so ensnared that he snuffed the life out of Deagol to claim ownership. Gollum would henceforth refer to the Ring as his Precious.
Monday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die”
Friday’s Quizzler is….
1) The attorney was very happy. Not only had he just become a (7) in the firm, but his wife had just told him that he would be a (6) in a few months.
2) The (7) rode swiftly to fight the fire breathing (6).
3) He read in the ancient (4) that a (5) would strike the earth in ten years.
4) I heard the foreman (6) “look out (5)!”
5) The gambler was able to (6) that his opponent was only holding a (5).
6) The Great (6) was not in 1812. You are in (5).
7) In that (6) lies a hero who lost his life to an archer’s (5).
8) A (4) began to form between them when he started to (5) with others.
9) It appeared that the (5) had eaten the young man. All that could be found was the (4) he had worn to the fraternity party.
10) Some people regarded yesterday’s event as being (7). There were rumors that the priest had been paid to (6) the historic site.
2) Dragoon, Dragon
3) Tome, Comet
4) Bellow, Below
5) Deduce, Deuce
6) Terror, Error
7) Barrow, Arrow
8) Rift, Flirt
9) Gator, Toga
10) Shallow, Hallow
Monday’s Quizzler is…….
Example: One symptom of bronchitis is a ro___ co___. (The two words are: rough & cough.)
1. When you g___ up, I will let you climb the ship’s p___.
2. Do you want to be a ri___ swimmer or an ocean di___?
3. The strongest oarsman in the boat is a po___ ro___.
4. The cheap tickets didn’t al___ them to go be___ deck.
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in TUESDAYS, Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
CHECK OUT MY BOOK online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store. http://www.amazon.com