WELCOME to Wednesday October 16, 2019
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2.. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick.
Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch..
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second
one is up to you and no one else
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a wonderful Wednesday people and
whatever you do, don’t forget to laff it up! Peace, I am outta here! Eucman!
Quotes of the Day
“This is like deja vu all
over again.” – Yogi Berra
“Today’s public figures can no longer write their
own speeches or books, and there is some
evidence that they can’t read them either.” – Gore Vidal
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit
a very persistent one.” – Albert Einstein
“A flute without holes is not a flute and a donut with
no hole is a danish.” -Ty Webb (Chevy Chase), CADDYSHACK
“Like a midget in a urinal I knew I had to be on my toes.”
-Lt. Frank Drebin (Leslie Nielsen), from NAKED GUN
“All I’ve ever wanted was an honest week’s pay for an honest
day’s work.” -Steve Martin in SGT. BILKO (1996)
“Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for
my sham friends.” –Ed Norton as Monty Brogan in 25th HOUR.
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes….
She looked like such a sweet little old lady, driving the cute Toyota with a bumper
sticker that said, “Grow your own dope.” How sweet, I thought, must be a medical
marijuana patient. Then I noticed the rest of her message… “Plant a man.” 😳
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from???
“It’s okay, I wouldn’t remember me either.”
Answer: American Beauty!
Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) says this during the first part of the movie, after it becomes clear by his narration that he is depressed and believes himself to be a forgettable loser. Did you know? DreamWorks was very opposed to Kevin Spacey being cast as Lester, and suggested higher profile actors, including John Travolta, Bruce Willis, and Kevin Costner. Director Sam Mendes (chosen after 20 other people turned down the directing job) insisted that Spacey was right for the part; Spacey went on to win an Oscar.
Wednesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from???
“If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then ‘real’ is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.”
Tuesday’s Quizzler is….
The following are alternate definitions for words, based on how the words sound.
For example, “To drive by the docks: P _ _ _ _ _ _ _.” would result in “PASSPORT (Pass Port)”.
Can you guess the words described below?
1. What white bears see with: P _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
2. A car’s memoirs: A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
3. How judges get to a small island: C _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
4. To live long: D _ _ _ _ _.
5. How good a fibber one is: L _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
6. In favor of young men and women: P _ _ _ _ _ _.
Answer: 1. Polarize (polar eyes)
2. Autobiography (auto biography)
3. Courtship (court ship)
4. Dilate (die late)
5. Liability (lie ability)
6. Protein (pro-teen)
Wednesday’s Quizzler is…….
There once was a family of spies. One of them is celebrating his birthday,
and the Mommy spy gave him gifts. The celebrant did
not say anything; instead he gave this set of words:
And because the family are spies, the Mom understood the message.
What was the message?
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in THURSDAYS, Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
http://www.slampi.org, http://www.hopeBUILD.org, http://www.GodLovesPraise.com, https://elisabethluxe.com, http://www.themuscleministry.com.
CHECK OUT MY BOOK online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store. http://www.amazon.com