Dennis, Emily, Katrina, Rita, and Wilma are five friends who went to elementary school together. However, in 6th grade, each of them moved to a different state or country and are now starting to forget where each person is living, what water sport each person likes, and which natural disaster fascinates each of them. Can you help them sort out their homes and hobbies?
Friends: Dennis, Emily, Katrina, Rita, Wilma
Locations: Mexico, Texas, Cuba, Alabama, Florida
Hobbies: Waterskiing, Scuba Diving, Surfing, Kayaking, Swimming
Natural Disasters: Avalanches, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis
1. The five friends are Emily, the waterskier, the hurricane and avalanche fanatics, and the Texan.
2. If Dennis is the Cuban, then Emily is the Mexican. If Dennis is the hurricane lover, then Rita loves avalanches. One of these statements is true.
3. Katrina and Dennis are the waterskier and the hurricane fanatic.
4. The waterskier, surfer, and scuba diver live in Mexico, Cuba, and Texas and are fascinated by tornadoes, tsunamis, and earthquakes.
5. The Floridian, who is not Katrina, likes kayaking and avalanches.
6. The surfer, the diver, and Dennis used to hang out with Wilma afterschool.
7. Emily loves earthquakes and Rita loves tsunamis.
8. Rita has known the surfer since first grade.