“The Cake Shop” was just opening when four customers came rushing in, asking for cakes that they needed that night! They all filled out forms with their names, what kind of cake, what size, and the occasion it was for. They all rushed in and out, desperately trying to finish organizing and setting up for their parties. Joe, who was working that shift, accidentally put the orders in the paper shredder along with the old orders from the day before! He can only remember a few things, but needs to have all of the cakes ready by 3:00! Can you help him sort out the orders?
First Names: Carson, Ted, Jessica, and Bailey
Last Names: Jones, Tomas, Butler, and Brown
Size: Small, Medium, Large, and Double-Decker
Type of Cake: Chocolate, Swirl, Angel Food, and Cookie
Occasion: Birthday, Baby Shower, Anniversary, and “Congratulations!” party
1. The four customers are: Jessica, the one surnamed Tomas, the one buying a large cake, and the Angel Food cake.
2. The four cakes are: The double-decker, the cookie cake, the one bought for a birthday, and the one bought by Carson.
3. Exactly two customers had the same first and last initial.
4. The customer with the last name of Jones bought a cake for her best friend because she just got promoted to a much better job!
5. The cake that was for an anniversary was bigger than the one for the birthday, and neither were double-deckers.
6. The swirl was either a large or a double-decker, but wasn’t being used to celebrate something that happens annually.
7. The birthday cake was for a one-year-old, so it had to be small.
8. Ted Butler had to get the cake while his wife was busy setting up for one of their friends surprise baby shower!