WELCOME to WEDNESDAY JULY 8, 2020
Business one-liners 101…….
When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers.
When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.
When your opponent is down, kick him.
Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.
Where you stand depends on where you sit.
While money can’t buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.
Why did the Roman Empire collapse? What is the Latin for office automation?
Why is it that there are so many more horses’ behinds
than there are horses? – G. Gordon Liddy
Why worry about tomorrow? We may not make it through today.
Winning isn’t everything, but losing isn’t anything.
You’re not drunk if you can lay on the floor without holding on.
Hey I’m just saying. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a WONDERFUL
WEDNESDAY people, stay safe, and whatever you do, don’t forget to laff it up!
Peace, I am outta here! Eucman!
Quotes of the Day
Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.
And this above all unto thine own self be true and it shall follow
as the day the night – thou can’st not then be false to any man.
All you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!
Find a job you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.
Every time you say you don’t believe in fairies, a fairy dies.
‘Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind
don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.’
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes….
A man enters a barber shop for a shave. While the barber is foaming him up,
he mentions the problems he has getting a close shave around the cheeks.
“I have just the thing,” says the barber taking a small wooden ball from a nearby
drawer. “Just place this between your cheek and gum.” The client places the ball
in his mouth and the barber proceeds with the closest shave the man has ever
experienced. After a few strokes the client asks in garbled speech. “And what if I swallow it?” “No problem,” says the barber. “Just bring it back tomorrow like everyone else does.”😱😳😁😎
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? ”
“The memories will be so thick they’ll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come, Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball”.
Answer: “Field of Dreams”
Terence Mann was a fictional author played by James Earl Jones. While sitting at the finished baseball diamond at their house, Terence Mann gives Ray this inspirational speech.
In the book, Ray Kinsella visited real-life author J.D. Salinger. The voice that Ray Kinsella heard in the movie was Ray Liotta.
Wednesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from????
“You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something. I AM GOD”.
Tuesday’s Quizzler is….
A series of burglaries has plagued London. The famous private investigator, Sheerluck Holmes, is on the case. He has five suspects. As usual, Sheerluck has bungled again, and has lost his notes. Fortunately, he has memorized some of the clues. Help Sheerluck determine each man’s age, height, weight, and hair color. Also, help identify the culprit so that he can be put behind bars.
Men: Ben, Gus, Ron, Sam, Tim
Ages: 29, 32, 37, 42, 46
Weights: 166, 178, 190, 201, 216
Heights: 5’8″, 5’9″, 6’0″, 6’3″, 6’4″
Hair (descending order of darkness): black, brown, red, blonde … plus bald
1) The man who is 6’0″ tall is older than the man who weighs 178 pounds, who is older than Ben (one of these is the guilty man).
2) Ron weighs more than the brown-haired man, who weighs more than the man who is 32 years old.
3) Ben is taller than the blonde-haired man, who is taller than the man who weighs 166 pounds.
4) The man who is 32 years old has darker hair than the man who weighs 190 pounds, who has darker hair than Tim (one of these is the guilty man).
5) Each man has one measurement (age, weight, or height in inches) that is an odd number.
6) The youngest, the lightest, and the shortest … are three different men … and do not have red hair (the guilty man is not among them).
7) The oldest, the heaviest, and the tallest … are three different men … and do not have black hair (one of these is the guilty man).
8) Ben and Gus have a weight difference of 12 pounds.
9) Sam and Tim have a height difference of 3 inches.
10) Ron is not 4 years older or younger than any other man.
11) The guilty man does not have blonde hair.
Answer: First, fill in as much of the grid as possible, while ignoring the clues about the guilty man. Then, use those clues to fill in the rest of the grid. Given that the grid has been correctly filled, the following conclusions can be drawn.
A) From clues 1 and 4, we know that the guilty man is one of the following: 6’0″ and 32, 6’0″ and 190, 6’0″ and Tim, 178 and 32, 178 and Tim, Ben and 32, Ben and 190.
B) From clue 6 and since Ben is the youngest, Ben can be eliminated. Since Ben weighs 190, 190 can also be eliminated. This leaves the following combinations: 6’0″ and 32, 6’0″ and Tim, 178 and 32, 178 and Tim.
C) From clue 6 and since the lightest man is also 32, 32 can be eliminated. This leaves: 6’0″ and Tim, 178 and Tim.
D) Both of the remaining pairs involve Tim, so Tim is the guilty man.
E) From clue 7 and since Tim is neither the heaviest nor the tallest, he must be the oldest, or 46.
F) From clue 11, Tim can not have blonde hair.
Ben, 29 years, 190 pounds, 6’4″, brown
Gus, 42 years, 178 pounds, 6’3″, blonde
Ron, 37 years, 216 pounds, 5’8″, bald
Sam, 32 years, 166 pounds, 5’9″, black
Tim, 46 years, 201 pounds, 6’0″, red, guilty
Another case solved by sheer luck.
Wednesday’s Quizzler is…….
Spring is here! All the gardens on Hilldale Avenue are ablaze with color from flowering bulbs. The five gardens are each filled with different flowers. Alice and her neighbors, including Taylor, planted their bulbs at different times last summer and fall. From the following clues, can you determine each neighbor’s first and last name, type of bulbs in each garden, each neighbor’s address and when their bulbs were planted?
First names: Alice, Bob, Carl, Denise, Evelyn
Last names: Stewart, Taylor, Upland, Vickers, Wilson
Addresses: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Bulbs: Tulips, Daffodils, Crocus, Snowdrops, Hyacinths
Planting Dates: Aug.30, Sept.10, Sept.26, Oct.2, Oct.31
1. The 5 neighbors are Carl, the daffodil lady, Stewart, the neighbor who always plants last, and the one who resides at number 24.
2. Ms. Wilson returned from her vacation on the last day of September, just in time to plant her bulbs at number 23 Hilldale Avenue.
3. Vickers planted her bulbs after number 27 but long before the crocus went into the ground.
4. Denise always plants her bulbs, which have an initial letter that is the same as the initial of her last name, on the date that corresponds with her address.
5. Mr. Taylor gave out Halloween goodies for “Trick or Treat” on the same day that he planted his crocus bulbs.
6. Alice Vickers dislikes the smell of hyacinths.
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in THURSDAYS, Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com., https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
CHECK THIS BOOK OUT online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store.