WELCOME to FRIDAY JANUARY 8, 2021
Actual Music Test Answers……
Maybe this is why they don’t teach music in high school any more. Following are actual answers from students on music tests…
- The principal singer of nineteenth century opera was called pre-Madonna.
- Gregorian chant has no music, just singers singing the same lines.
- Sherbet composed the Unfinished Symphony.
- All female parts were sung by castrati. We don’t know exactly what they
sounded like because there are no known descendants.
- Young scholars have expressed their rapture for the Bronze Lullaby, the Taco Bell
Cannon, Beethoven’s Erotica, Tchaikovsky Cracknutter Suite, and Gershwin’s Rap City in Blue.
- Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel; if they sing without music it is called Acapulco.
- A virtuoso is a musician with real high morals.
- Contralto is a low sort of music that only ladies sing.
- Probably the most marvelous fugue was the one between the Hatfields and the McCoys.
- I know what a sextet is but I’d rather not say.
- Johann Sebastian Bach wrote a great many musical compositions and had a
large number of children. In between he practiced on an old spinster which he kept up in his attic.
- Rock Monanoff was a famous post-romantic composer of piano concerti.
Hey I’m just saying. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a GREAT
WEEKDAY people, stay safe, and whatever you do, don’t forget to laff it up!
Peace, I am outta here! Eucman!
q u o t e s o f t h e d a y
“Clothes make the man. Naked people
have little or no influence on society.” Mark Twain
“Nothing can bring you peace but
yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Though I am not naturally honest,
I am so sometimes by chance.” William Shakespeare
G u a r a n t e e d t o R o l l Y o u r E y e s!
I was traveling through Georgia last summer and stopped at a little backwoods
country store. In the men’s room there was a handwritten sign above the
malfunctioning potty which said, “Please Wiggel Handel”.
Below that some wit had written, “If I do, will it wiggel Bach?” 😁😎
Thursdays’ Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “
“That’s a lie! Harry Bailey went to war. He got the Congressional Medal of Honor. He saved the lives of every man on that transport.””Every man on that transport died. Harry wasn’t there to save them, because you weren’t there to save Harry.”
Answer: It’s a Wonderful Life
In the events leading up to this scene, Uncle Billy (Thomas Mitchell) misplaces a bank deposit for the savings and loan company owned by George Bailey (Jimmy Stewart) and can’t find it. George realizes the Bank Examiner will blame him and that his small SandL will fail. Thinking his wife and their children will be better off with him dead, he contemplates suicide. An angel named Clarence, trying to earn his wings (Henry Travers), is sent to Earth to try and dissuade George from doing this. In this scene, Clarence shows George the town cemetery and George spots a headstone for his brother Harry (Todd Karns), whom he had saved as a youngster, after he broke through some ice. An indignant George says line one and Clarence explains why the headstone is there with line two. As Clarence says, “Remember, George, no man is a failure who has friends.” In the 1947 Academy Awards, “It’s a Wonderful Life ” was nominated in five categories, including Best Picture (but lost to “The Best Years of Our Lives”). Jimmy Stewart was reluctant to take the role of George, feeling that he was not up to it so soon after World War II (he flew 20 combat missions as a bomber pilot during the war).
Friday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from????
“Tonya, can you play the balalaika?” “Can she play? She’s an artist!”
Thursday’s Quizzler is….
An antigram is an anagram which has a meaning opposite to its unscrambled version.
NO MORE STARS
Friday’s Quizzler is…….
For each group below, fill in the blanks with two words that differ only by their first letter.
- Stop thinking over here. Go _ _ _ _ _ _ over _ _ _ _ _ _.
- An untrained person could be killed in these woods, but there is little _ _ _ _ _ _ for a _ _ _ _ _ _.
- Writing an “A” on your dish rag would make it a _ _ _ _ _ with a _ _ _ _ _.
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in MONDAYS, Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com., https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
CHECK THIS BOOK OUT online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store.