WELCOME to TUESDAY May 4, 2021
THINKING OUT LOUD…
- My Opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
- I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
- Some cause happiness wherever they go, Other whenever they go.
- Hospitality: making your guest feel like they’re at home, even if you wish they were.
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
- I discovered I scream the same way whether I’m about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.
- When in doubt, mumble.
- There’s a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can’t get away.
- A little boy asked his father, “Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?’ Father replied, “I don’t know son, I’m still paying.”
- You ‘re never too old to learn something stupid.
That’s my story and I’m sticking too it! Have a HAPPY TUESDAY! people, stay safe, and
whatever you do, don’t forget to laff it up! Peace, I am outta here! Eucman! 😁
q u o t e s o f t h e d a y
“I read that after the success of their in-store cafes, Ikea
might open its own restaurants. Which is great, until you
have to assemble your own table.” -Jimmy Fallon
“An archaeologist is claiming he has discovered an amazing
lost city in Kansas. Then he realized he just got drunk and
watched ‘The Wizard of Oz.'” -Conan O’Brien
“A woman in the U.K. held a wedding ceremony to marry herself.
I don’t know how to tell you this, but I think that lady you just
married might be crazy.” -Seth Meyers
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes
Also known as ‘women’s intuition,’ this sixth sense thing is no myth. Women
seem to know what’s going on in their man’s lives almost better than they do.
Why is this?
In the early 80’s researchers discovered that women have more connections
between the brain’s two hemispheres than men do. It’s these connections
that allow them to put together a puzzle from seemingly unconnectable pieces…
That, and they go through your stuff while you’re in the shower. 😁😎
Mondays’ Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “
“Why do you want this so badly?”
“Because they said I couldn’t have it.”
Answer: Men of Honor!
This movie tells the true story of Carl Brashear (Cuba Gooding Jr.), who endured racial prejudice and unfairness to become the U.S. Navy’s first African-American diver and later the first amputee Master Diver. Although U.S. President Harry S. Truman officially ordered an end to racial segregation in all branches of the U.S. armed forces in 1948, his order permitted local commanders to implement desegregation at such time they deemed appropriate. Unfortunately for Carl, commander Mr. Pappy at the Bayonne, N.J. divers’ training school (Hal Holbrook) is an avid racist. The famous quote from this movie is by Robert De Niro’s character (he plays diving instructor Chief Leslie “Billy” Sunday). When he is addressing a new class of recruits he points out there was an old-time preacher named Billy Sunday and then says, “The only difference between me and that old preacher is that he worked for God, and I AM God!” In this scene, medical student Jo (Aunjanue Ellis) is asked by Carl to tutor him so he can pass the written tests in his training and she asks the question in line one. He replies with line two. The real Carl Brashear was on the movie set to give advice during filming.
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from????
“We’re the first team.”
“Yeah, and we’re not gonna fall for a banana in the tailpipe.”
Monday’s Quizzler is….
Five couples were surprised to find out that not only did they all have hyphenated last names, they had all gotten married in the same year! Determine from the clues below the first and last names of each couple and in what month they were married.
Note: There were no same-sex couples in the group; each of the men married a woman and vice versa.
Women: Beatrice, Emily, Lucy, Teresa, Wendy
Women’s Last Names: Baker, Ingalls, Landon, Morse, West
Men: Gary, Isaac, Jonathan, Michael, Samuel
Men’s Last Names: Emerson, Gasero, Jimenez, Smith, Thompson
Months: February, April, June, August, October
- No one had a last name that started with the same letter of their first name before they were married. No one married someone whose last name started with the same letter as their first name.
- Emily convinced her husband that Smith-Landon sounded too much like Smith and Wesson, so they hyphenated their names the other way around.
- The five couples are represented by: Wendy, the couple who was married in October, Gary, the Jimenez-Wests, and the couple with Thompson in their name.
- Lucy Ingalls, as she was known before she was married, was thrilled to be able to have the June wedding she had always wanted. Samuel’s bride was perfectly happy having an April wedding.
- Teresa, whose last name included either Morse or West, escaped the winter wonderland of her wedding day by honeymooning in Hawaii. Michael, on the other hand, left the dog days of summer behind when he honeymooned with Beatrice in Alberta.
Answer: Beatrice and Michael Jimenez-West were married in August.
Emily and Isaac Landon-Smith were married in October.
Lucy and Jonathan Ingalls-Thompson were married in June.
Teresa and Gary Emerson-Morse were married in February.
Wendy and Samuel Baker-Gasero were married in April.
Tuesday’s Quizzler is…….
Each group of three definitions describes three words that are spelled the same, except for one letter
(each group describes a different set of words). Example: king, ring, wing.
1b) to address with expressions of kind wishes
1c) unreasonable selfish desire
2a) highly skilled
2b) to conform
2c) to accept formally and put into effect
3a) a committee for judging and awarding prizes
3b) conceal or hide
3c) violent anger
4a) a rounded shape
4c) a gemstone
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in WEDNESDAYS, Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com., https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
CHECK THIS BOOK OUT online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store.