WELCOME to FRIDAY NOVEMBER 4, 2022
Food for Thought…..
These are things that make you go hmmm. Some of them are valid questions that I would like to know the answer to. Others can be explained but still give you something to think about. You should always be questioning your surroundings anyway, so here’s a chance for you to articulate those questions and publish them on the web.
- Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
- If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
- Why do women wear evening gowns to go out at night? Shouldn’t they be wearing night gowns?
- Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
- Why do croutons come in airtight packages? It’s just stale bread.
- When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
- Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?
- Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?
- Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?
- If horrific is akin to horrible, why isn’t terrific akin to terrible?
- Why isn’t 11 pronounced onety one?
- Do Roman paramedics refer to IV’s as “4’s”?
- Why is it that if someone tells you that there are 1 billion stars in the universe you will believe them, but if they tell you a wall has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?
- Why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?
- Why are there locks on the door of stores that are open 24/7 365 days a year?
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a GREAT WEEKEND! people, stay safe, and whatever you do,
don’t forget to laff it up! Peace, I am outta here! Eucman! 😁
q u o t e s o f t h e d a y
“Life is really simple, but we insist on
making it complicated.” -Confucius
“May you live all the days of
your life.” -Jonathan Swift
“Life itself is the most wonderful
fairy tale.” -Hans Christian Andersen
“Do not let making a living prevent you
from making a life.” -John Wooden
“Life is ours to be spent, not
to be saved.” -D. H. Lawrence
Guaranteed to Roll Your Eyes
I remember my mom’s Uncle Joe died and got cremated and we were on
the way to the funeral and she said she wanted some coffee and my older
brother said “well we got a box ‘a Joe right here” and that didn’t make her laugh 😳😳
Thursday’s’ Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “
“Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”
Answer: Love Story!
“Love Story” was a box office hit for 1970 but what a tear-jerker. The movie featured Ali McGraw and Ryan O’Neal as Jenny and Oliver. Both were nominated for an Academy Award for their work in this film but it was the music which won the Oscar (for Best Original Score) and was used in romantic settings for decades after the movie’s release. The movie was considered by the American Film Institute to be among the top-ten most romantic films ever released for many, many years after 1970. “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” became an oft-quoted line from the movies. The quote occurs twice in the film. The first time comes when Oliver gets upset when he does not find Jenny, so he apologizes and then she tells him “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” Spoiler alert: Watch the movie to see the second time it is said. Unrelated movie fact: This was the first big screen appearance for actor, Tommy Lee Jones. He had a bit part as one of Oliver’s college (Harvard) roommates; he was billed as Tom Lee Jones.
Friday’s Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from???
“You’re not too smart, are you? I like that in a man.”
Thursday’s Quizzler is….
What does this rebus represent?
Answer: The Moody Blues
Friday’s Quizzler is…….
Find the common phrase that is represented by the following computer program code. Some amount of computer programming knowledge will help, as certain programming conventions are used. However, it may be solved without, as it is written in a very high-level (i.e., human-like) language.
yourLocation = 50
fenceLocation = 100
For Each BladeOfGrass
If itsLocation > 100
Then itsColor = #009900
Else itsColor = #007700
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in MONDAY’S Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! 😎 Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com., https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
RECOMMENDED WEBSITE LINKS:
CHECK THIS BOOK OUT online at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FF669PT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1531337765&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Banquet+Servers+Hand+Guide#, Amazon.com: The Banquet Servers Hand Guide (Basic) eBook: Euclid Strayhorn: Kindle Store.