WELCOME to Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
Tips to improve your blogging writing skills……
1. Avoid alliteration. Always.
2. Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do.
3. Employ the vernacular.
4. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
5. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
6. Remember to never split an infinitive.
7. Contractions aren’t necessary.
8. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
9. One should never generalize.
10. Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.”
11. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.
12. Don’t be redundant; don’t use more words than necessary; it’s highly superfluous.
13. Be more or less specific.
14. Understatement is always best.
15. One-word sentences? Eliminate.
16. Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.
17. The passive voice is to be avoided.
18. Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.
19. Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.
20. Who needs rhetorical questions?
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a wonderful Wednesday people and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. Henry Lawson
I don’t know half of you as well as I should like and I like
less than half of you half as well as you deserve. JRR Tolkien
A lifelong friend is someone you haven’t borrowed money from yet.
Intolerance will not be tolerated!
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
He was a mediocre conductor of a mediocre orchestra. He had been having problems
with the basses; they were the least professional of his musicians. It was the last performance of the season, Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, which required extra effort from the basses at the end. Earlier that evening, he found the basses celebrating one of their birthdays by passing a bottle around. As he was about to cue the basses, he knocked over his music stand. The sheet music scattered. As he stood in front of his orchestra, his worst fear was realized; it was the bottom of the 9th, no score and the basses were loaded.😎
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from???
‘You have no power over me.’
ANSWER: Labyrinth! A very good film with Jim Henson’s imagination and David Bowie’s great voice.
Wednesdays Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from??
Tuesday’s Quizzler is……….
What word when you remove the first letter and put it at the end, do you get the past tense of the word?
ANSWER: Eat. When you put the first letter of eat at the end, it forms ate (the past tense of the word).
Wednesday’s Quizzler is……….
Why is K like a sunrise?
Why is L like a warm furnace?
Why is M a favorite with miners?
Why is N like a pig?
Why is O the only of five vowels that you can hear?
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in THURSDAYS Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/
LINKS: http://www.slampi.org., http://www.hopeBUILD.org. http://www.GodLovesPraise.com, http://www.stlzoo.org